MG Car Club Triple-M Register Yearbook

To: <mg-mmm@autox.team.net>
Subject: MG Car Club Triple-M Register Yearbook
From: "Nick Wright" <nickwright@crowood.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 17:38:55 +0100
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Your Yearbook Needs You!

Graham Arrondelle, having produced six great issues of the Triple-M Register
Yearbook, has decided that it is time to retire his blue pencil. I feel
honoured that he has asked me to take over the editorship and I am looking
forward to putting together future editions of this special publication. My
wife and I own a PA, I grew up in the shadow of the Abingdon factory and I
work in publishing, but I shan't bore you with stuff about me. What I want is
articles, photographs and new talent for the 2001 yearbook!

Have you got any pictures, or any great tales to tell about this year's
fortieth anniversary celebrations? Have you discovered that your car has a
fascinating history that others might find interesting? Are you an overseas
member who would like to tell us something about the MMM scene in your
country? Might you have unseen photographs of the pre-war MG factory, or of
cars in motor sport? Do you have a particularly interesting restoration story
to tell? Do you have any photographs of our sort of cars in every day use when
they were new? How about epic journeys undertaken in MMM cars? Might you like
to do some research on the dealer who supplied your car when new, or the
garage closest to your home? Could you write an article about one of MG's
suppliers, or work on MMM cars that was done away from Abingdon - maybe you
know someone who worked at one of these factories?

These are just some of the subjects that I would like to see covered in the
upcoming and other future issues of the Yearbook.

Do not be daunted. You do not have to be a professional writer or a MMM
committee member to contribute something really worthwhile. You might not
think that the history of your car is of much interest when compared with the
history of a famous K3, or you might not think that the scraps of research you
have done into MG are of much significance against the work of the likes of
Wilson McComb, but you would be wrong. We must keep the yearbook, and the MMM
MG, alive by delving ever deeper into the technical details, development and
social history of our cars, and into the lifeblood of the hobby as it exists
today.

I want to hear from you. You can do it!

Write to me at:

10 Park Close

Didcot

Oxfordshire

OX11 0AA

United Kingdom

Ring (or fax) me on +44 1235 819967

or send me an email at nmwright74@hotmail.com

I would also be happy to discuss ideas or follow up suggestions for articles
with people you might suggest

I look forward to hearing from you!

Yours

Nick Wright