Re: PA Firewall seal

To: britcars@juno.com, Bill707@aol.com
Subject: Re: PA Firewall seal
From: TATERRY@aol.com
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 19:05:27 EDT
Cc: cnowlan@mossmotors.com, mg-mmm@autox.team.net, MGtom@bright.net (Tom Metcalf)
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
In a message dated 7/12/01 9:32:10 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
britcars@juno.com writes:

<<
 I vaguely remember that it was Dee Davis in NorCal who had the seals made
 up. Does Bill Tantau perhaps remember?

 Lawrie

 On Thu, 12 Jul 2001 12:08:59 EDT MG1948@aol.com writes:
 > There was someone in the US that has already tooled for this.  I
 > bought mine
 > about a year ago and it fits just right.  Looked but can't find the
 > source
 > but I think it came off the Pre-War list.
 >
 > Phil >>
The seal in queston is not the one that Dee made up.  Dee made up the seal
that goes around the firewall/gearbox/undertray.  I think youse guys are
looking for the seal that is called the "bonnet rest"....top of the firewall.
 Tom Metcalf should know, but is he reading this list?
Terry
British Cars Web: http://www.team.net/sol