re: Re: J2 colors

To: "J.E.A.Rich" <jear@rmi.net>, <TATERRY@aol.com>, <mgtom@bright.net>, <nip@mrimooresrowland.mc>, <mg-mmm@autox.team.net>
Subject: re: Re: J2 colors
From: mgtom@bright.net
Date: 18 Oct 2000 17:34:13 -0500
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
> Terry and Tom,
>
> I have never seen a colour code stamped on the bonnet centre hinge. Both my
> J2 and L1 have the chassis number on the hinge but that's all. I don't
> believe there was such a thing as a colour 'code' in the mid thirties.
>
> Cheers, "Bob".

J2's and F-types are the only cars I've seen with color codes stamped by the
s/s hinge ser number. I haven't seen every J2 (yet) but every one I've seen
DOES have the color code.
I know the later MMM cars had a different bonnet panel fitting procedure so the
paint code was not used any more. On a J2 the bonnet was fit at the end of the
ass'y line but the 4 panels were not yet painted. Therefor the color they
needed to be sprayed in was stamped on the hinge by the ser no.     Tom

British Cars Web: http://www.team.net/sol