Re: Marles Weller Steering Boxes

To: jear@rmi.net, Richard.Morbey@taywood.co.uk, british-cars-pre-war@autox.team.net, pjs199@ecs.soton.ac.uk
Subject: Re: Marles Weller Steering Boxes
From: DOGEDOC@aol.com
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 12:55:57 EDT
Cc: mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
I must say that the sterring on my Lester P type is phenomenal as is.  It
follows the road and understeers beutifully. Coming out of a turn, the
acceleration brings it right along the line. It may have something to do with
the fact that there is a TC axle front axle on it (that is right, Harry
Lester placed a TC axle on it. The front of the car is marginally wider than
the rear. I asked Mike Allsion about this a while back and he commented that
when the T series was manufacteured, the lengthening of the chassis doomed
the model to bad sterring because the turning geometries were altered.

Joseph