Connecting rod bolts

To: mg-mmm@autox.team.net, richard.Morbey@taywood.co.uk, taterry@aol.com
Subject: Connecting rod bolts
From: Dee Davis <deedavis@etch-eshop.ME.Berkeley.EDU>
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2000 19:42:28 -0700
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
All,

The bolts in the rods which I have for the PB use ARP 2000 fasteners.
The ARP catalog recommends setting torque by measuring elongation of
the screw.  Unfortunately, the catalog only lists those dimensions by
part number, not size.  The recommendation from Phoenix was for stock
MG torque, 35lb-ft.  The ARP recommendation in another table for 5/16-
24 screws lubricated with moly grease is 20 lb-ft.  I'll call them next
week and broadcast any information I obtain.

As for the rods themselves, they do bear a family resemblance to Carillo.
I took the cap off one, for the first time since I received it, and the
seating surface of the counterbore for the bolt head is ugly.  I plan
to remachine them. Pip recommends looking at the Carillo web site, which
I'll do next.

Dee