RE: Phoenix connecting rod bolts

To: mg-mmm@autox.team.net, TATERRY@aol.com
Subject: RE: Phoenix connecting rod bolts
From: Richard.Morbey@taywood.co.uk
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2000 07:33:02 +0100
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
--openmail-part-0495a55a-00000001
        ;Creation-Date="Wed, 9 Aug 2000 07:33:02 +0100"

Terry:

Thanks for your reply.

Just thought I would follow up with a comment about the suggestion that
Phoenix apply heat treatment to the con. rod bolts used is association
with the rods for their crankshafts.

Evidently, they simply buy these items  in direct from a USA company
called ARP (Automotive Racing Parts?) and they are used and fitted as
shipped.  I also understand that it is vital that these bolts, which
are single use components, MUST be oiled before fitting as failure to
do so adversely affects the coefficient of friction for them - and it
is likely that this would result in overtightening, as they are not
exactly finger tightenable.

Hope this contribution may add light rather than heat to the debate!

Regards

Dick Morbey