Re: No Subject

To: David.Stansbie@bristol.ac.uk, mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: No Subject
From: Bill707@aol.com
Date: Sat, 6 May 2000 18:02:12 EDT
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
In a message dated 5/4/00 9:21:29, David.Stansbie@bristol.ac.uk writes:

<< How do you set up Andre Hartford shock absorbers?  I've got
my J2 on the road at last and the ride is shaking the
fillings out of my teeth. Any advice would be appreciated. >>

According to Geoff Coles in the 1971 MMM Yearbook, pg 23:
"Tighten the adjusting nuts up hard, then jack the car up off all four
wheels. Taking each axle in turn, slacken off each adjusting nut a flat at a
time until the axle just begins to drop. Then stop and all should be well,
but mainly they should be balanced which is important for good road handling".

May not keep the the fillings intact... but at least they'll all come out at
the same time!
Bill Tantau