re: Naylor Brother

To: "Andrew Fock" <awfock@netspace.net.au>, "MG Pre-war" <mg-mmm@autox.team.net>
Subject: re: Naylor Brother
From: MGtom@bright.net
Date: 29 Jan 00 13:03:54 -0500
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Hi Andrew,

No clue of a web page for Naylor, but with the h'lamps, the LBD 165 is a
dipping pair larger
than LBD 150. The 150's are nearly 9" so the 165's would be in the 10" range, I
reckon. The
Ps generally used non-dipping L140's while the TA used LBD140's and TA
Tickfords often
used LBD150's.

The wiper motor cover is a different shape on the earlier cars. Plus they were
painted a
smooth satin black with the lettering stamped in the cover, then white filed. I
forget what the
lettering says but I think it's PARK and ON. I have several of these motors
that I can get the
exact wording from if you need it.

cheers,

> ** Original Subject: Naylor Brother
> ** Original Sender: "Andrew Fock" <awfock@netspace.net.au>
> ** Original Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2000 18:28:38 +1100

> ** Original Message follows...

> Hi
>
> Does anyone know the Naylor brothers web page?
>
> Does anyone know what is the difference is between a LBD 150 and an LBD 165?
>
> What should be written on a pre war CW3 wiper motor. You can see the writing
> in photos (although not quite clearly enough!) and post war motors don't
> have it.
>
> Andrew

tom