lotus-cars

Fuel problem

To: <lotuseuropa@yahoogroups.com>, <lotus-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fuel problem
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2002 23:11:07 -0500
The problem is that the Weber isn't getting any.

This is on the Europa S2.

When my lovely bride switches on the fuel pump while I have the fuel hose
disconnected from the carb, I can hear the Facet ticking away and can feel a
faint pulsing of air at the end of the hose.

This make me think one of two things is going on:

The pump has somehow lost its prime.  This could be perhaps solved by
filling the tanks up to the top (they were half-full when car was returned
to my shop with a broken halfshaft, so they still are).  Or perhaps putting
a bit of air pressure into the tanks.  Yes, I know, be careful or one could
"pillow" the tanks.

OR

The pickup tube has developed a hole inside the tank.  One would expect that
filling the tanks up to the top could fix this also.

Does my logic here make any sense?

Phil Ethier  West Side  Saint Paul  Minnesota  USA
1970 Lotus Europa, 1992 Saturn SL2, 1986 Suburban, 1962 TR4 CT2846L
pethier@isd.net  http://www.mnautox.com/  http://www.vtr2002.org