lotus-cars

Is Celibacy the Key to Winning Races?

To: Lotus List <lotus-cars@yahoogroups.com>,
Subject: Is Celibacy the Key to Winning Races?
From: Peter Blackford <pmbsab@infi.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2001 12:41:58 -0500
 March 18, 2001 11:03 am EST

 SEPANG, Malaysia (Reuters) - Formula One auto racing team owner Peter Sauber
does not want his young drivers sidetracked by sexual distractions.

 And they are not very happy about it.

 "It's true, for the first couple of races, because he wants us to be more
concentrated," said 23-year-old German Nick Heidfeld when asked about the
Swiss-based team's ban on girlfriends attending the first three races of the
season.

 "I told him that in my opinion it's the wrong move," Heidfeld said at the
Malaysian Grand Prix.

 "I would like my girlfriend to be here. I think she just makes me stronger and
she knows that on the race weekend Formula One racing has the priority.

 "But he asked me to leave her at home and (Finland's) Kimi (Raikkonen) as well.
Of course, I agreed to that.

 "I think she could come to Brazil already but I guess she will come to the
first race in Europe now."

 The next Formula One race is in Brazil in two weeks' time, followed by the San
Marino Grand Prix at Imola. The season started in Australia on March 4.

 Both Sauber drivers were in the points in Melbourne with Heidfeld fourth and
21-year-old Raikkonen sixth in his debut.
///
///  lotus-cars@autox.team.net mailing list
///  Send requests to majordomo@autox.team.net
///  Send submissions to lotus-cars@autox.team.net