[Land-speed] Question

To: "'land-speed@autox.team.net'" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Land-speed] Question
From: Dan Wright <dwright@genetics.utah.edu>
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2010 12:42:41 -0700
Hi
I have a question-I'm sure some of you folks know the answer off the top of
your head-
What is the Frontal Area and the Coefficient of Drag of a typical Bonneville
Gas/Fuel Roadster??
The rules for these classes don't allow for much variation in the things that
affect these numbers.

I am involved in the currently ongoing build of a Gas Roadster for the USFRA
Club Volunteers.  Not intended to compete for class records, more like a class
legal Drivers Ed car.
It's intended to let the volunteers who work so hard to conduct the races get
a taste of the salt racing experience.
You can see some recent build photos here.
http://www.saltflats.com/club_car.htm

I always hear the roadsters described as a "brick", but I would really like to
have some rough numbers to think about.
Thanks in advance.

Dan Wright

A GUY WHO DRIVES