[Land-speed] Saltine News - Working on Transmissions

To: lsr list autox <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Land-speed] Saltine News - Working on Transmissions
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2008 17:14:51 -0700 (PDT)
--- On Sun, 8/31/08, Jimwprice@aol.com <Jimwprice@aol.com> wrote:  ... ...
onto a Citroen at a junk yard.

Cool junk yard!  All we have around here are Toyotas, Nissans and 84 Caprices!
- - oh, yeah, and lotsa long bed pickup trucks!

Jim,

Are you working under the car (without a lift) to make the tranny brackets and
stuff.  That's always fun.   I just finished essentially the same job, and I
was only able to get the car high enough off the ground to clear my belly!
The "good - bad news" was when I found out that my belly was smaller than the
bellhousing on the TH-350.  Good news was that I was able to get out from
under the car.  Bad news was that it took me half a day to wrangle the
transmission out because the bellhousing was bigger than the space between the
frame rails and the floor!  Dont' even ask about the re-install!  At least now
I have a real race transmission that will handle the HP that I mortgaged the
house for.  It should actually shift gears and everything!

DickJ
In EasT Texas