Re: [Land-speed] Dash Plaques..

To: drmayf@mayfco.com
Subject: Re: [Land-speed] Dash Plaques..
From: James Tone <gmc6power@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 10:17:15 -0800 (GMT-08:00)
 When I sent the note out, I was kinda hoping that you
>would just step up to the plate and say that you would  look into it.
>Nope I get some sarcastic bullshit from you about look in the rule book
>to find the name of the guy who does it. A simple I'll fix it was all
>that was required.  I even replied to you directly trying to throw out
>an olive branch but I see that was rejected. Ok by me.

I sent out the first message they way I did so those using this site would know
to go to the rule book. The second message was to look their envelop they would
know who to look up. I send out over 600 tags for Bonneville and more than that
for El Mirage not counting the personal requests. The shop where the work is
done does make mistakes; some on the info I give them and some on their own.
The only thing I look at when sending them is the vehicle number so it matches
the number on the envelop addresses given to me by another volunteer so I no
longer need to write them out. The record certs take a lot longer and have yet
to go out. Many are probably wondering why they haven't got them while they
already have the blues they have earned. It's just timing.

I responded PERSONALLY that I would take care of the error on your tag and
infact it has been added to the next group to go into the engravers. I believe
you are way too sensitive to what is said here. When I replied to my return
address on the envelop you obviously took it personally eventho the only person
on theis site who was listed personal was KT and that was to congratulate him
on his 60 days.

I have no idea why you feel an olive branch is needed and why you are
mentioning it hear when it was in a response to only me. I choose not to
respond to it. Don't take offense; but if you have, there is nothing I can do
about it.

I'm sure I will get more duplicate requests and errors. It is inevitable like
incomplete addresses. I still have returned ones for the last 3 years which I
take to Bonneville every year.

Sorry for the rant. I don't think I broght it on, did I?...............JD