Re: Fuel Cell Vent with Rollover Safety

To: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>, lsr list autox
Subject: Re: Fuel Cell Vent with Rollover Safety
From: James Tone <gmc6power@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 08:03:00 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
 Is that sufficient for rollover safety, or do I need to do something more?

All. I guess this needs more explanation. This is what the inspectors should be
looking for:

Picture your fuel tank at every angle. Laying on right side, left side, and
upside down.

If your vent in on a top corner; the line should go down the outside of the
tank and across it to the opposite side.

If it is in the center; it should go to one of the sides, down to the bottom
then across to the opposite side.

These scenarios protect spillage if you end up with your vehicle on either side
or upside down.

If you car has been inspected before this is either correct on your vehicle or
have been overlooked.

If you run at El Mirage you may want to place a filter on the line filter
similar to a K&N 62-1000 or 1015 depending on the size of your line.

Good Luck