Fast LAne PArt 1 (Take a number)

To: "land-speed submit" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fast LAne PArt 1 (Take a number)
From: "3 liter" <saltfever@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2006 14:46:33 -0700
Sitting around the barbie or working in the convenience one's pit is far
better than the endless "wait-and-move" experience.  TAKE A NUMBER should be
seriously considered by the board. The NHRA has used that technique for 50
years.  They call cars up by class. At BNI it could just be a group of car
numbers. -Elon

PS: The only animals I saw in the pits this year were a few unshaven ones
around your trailer :-)

From: drmayf

(Snip.)Here is my suggestion: do like the do at the DMV in LAs Vegas...take
a number! When you are ready to run, go up and get a ticket at the prestage
line or wherever. HAng onto that ticket for dear life because the numbers
are sequestial. Now have the prestage duty officer get on the CB and tell
glen to roust up the cars holding numbers between numbers X and Y  and have
them report to prestaging.