Re: Carr runs big numbers?

To: "Ed Weldon" <23.weldon@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: Carr runs big numbers?
From: Wester Potter <wester6935@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2006 20:49:25 -0600
As I see it the reasoning behind qualifying on the salt is the
difference in the surface over any others.  I can think of one good
example, Csaba Csere (sp) an editor from Car & Driver.  He was driving
a Firebird prepared by John Lingenfelter.  Last run of the day, he goes
for broke and ends up doing a slow NASCAR roll, slides forever on the
top of the car and ends up getting panicked and releasing his safety
harness while still upside down.  The only injury from the crash was
from falling on his head.  He didn't have the salt driving experience
to drive out of the trouble he found himself in.  Some slower runs
would have been a big help to him even though he had some driving
experience at lower speeds on pavement.  Some drivers may not need the
run-up but when Andy Green is willing to go through the process I think
it shows his respect for the different surface.

Just my opinion.

Wes