LSR Scandal

To: "Land Speed Digest" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: LSR Scandal
From: "Pile,Chris" <zoombot@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 14:58:11 -0600
    List -

    Well, I emailed Kevin Wilson about the WFI blurb and got back an
exasperated reply ("didn't write it, didn't edit it, didn't know about
it"..... "I'm just the guy who gets the hate mail").
    He blames West Coast Editor Mark Vaughn and proceeds to name names - all
well known LSR folks. Further explanations - blah, blah, blah. He still thinks
(as do a great many folks) that the only racers at Bonneville are going for
the outright fastest speed ever ala Arfons and Breedlove classic battles on
the salt.
    So Land Speed Racing is destined to remain mostly misunderstood except by
the cognoscenti. Oh, well.

    Chris Pile aka aircap