Re: Stainless-Braided Hose Options

To: Bobbyhotrods@comcast.net, Land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Stainless-Braided Hose Options
From: Flowbench@aol.com
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2006 22:55:45 EST
Bobby, there are many different grades and types of braided steel lines. A
couple of things to keep in mind are if your using them in pressure or vacuum.
The scavenge oil lines used in a dry sump system see vacuum and can collapse
or  delamanate internally if you use cheap lines. As far as pressure lines are
not  as big a problem but use good fittings, I don't want to blast some of
the  manufactures with big names but do a little research or send me a private
e-mail  and I'll give you some insight, it's like most things when you work
with enough  different types you see the good and bad. This gives you insight
on
what will  and wont work in different applications. Also remember if you do an
EFI  system the pressure is very high (50+ psi) do you want to use cheapo
stuff for  your "not-radical" needs.