Quick story

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Quick story
From: "Scott Cowle" <SCowle@mentorcollege.edu>
Date: Mon, 06 Feb 2006 10:26:14 -0500
Last spring I blew up my engine when I leaned it outwith my new blower and
melted a piston.My first indication something was going wrong was that
particles from the melting piston closed up the electrode on the plug.So this
past October , on my second run of the weekend at Maxton I again find a plug
closed up so I assumed that I had melted another piston because I hadn't
properly set up the carb for this blower I installed.I was pretty bummed out
cause it is a long way to go for only one decent run . So last Friday night I
finally yanked the heads to see how bad it is-Guess what-no burnt piston at
all-the engine had ingested some junk soft metal and it had swirled around in
the numbers 2 and 7 cylinders and closed up the plug in number seven-so we
decided to call it a day-and stopped running the car-and I'm glad I did-because
the damage to the top of the pistons  is so slight I'm going to button it up
again . The metal is a mystery to me. The blower is intact, it couldn't have
come from the fuel lines or water injection-how it got into the engine -I may
never know -but for the cost of a few gaskets I'm back in business. So the
dread of having to yank the motor has turned into attention to other details of
the car.But I am going to inspect everything very closely to make sure this
doesn't happen again.I may make it to Maxton again this year.A few months ago I
had already decided I couldn't but now maybe I can.I'm a happy guy once again.
 Scott

This communication may contain confidential or privileged
proprietary material for the sole use of the intended recipient.
Any review, use, or distribution or disclosure by others is
strictly prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, or
authorized to receive the information from the recipient, please
contact the sender by email and delete all copies of this message.
<<<MentorCollege>>>