Re: OT - Non LSR

To: Dale.Clay@mdhelicopters.com
Subject: Re: OT - Non LSR
From: Bryan Savage <b.a.savage@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2006 07:47:48 -0800
Sorry Dale, no good news.

A concept called "Data Mining" was developed in the '90's by IBM
Research in San Jose to deal with terabytes of seemingly random
data. The Army was working on Data Mining and around 1999, quietly
shut down the project when they saw what they could do. They feared
the Congress would kill them for threatening personal freedom.
So far, we hear little about it because what can be accomplished
by Data Mining is so far out that Arthur C. Clark would call it
silly.
Google "data Mining", I just got 52,200,000. That's on something
that didn't exist 10 years ago. I get 117,200,00 on "Chevrolet"
which has been around almost 100 years.
Hmmmm...
Ever wonder why grocery stores give customers a discount when
the use a store "Discount" card?

Anonymous