Re: Mickey's Innovative Dragsters

To: "land-speed" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Mickey's Innovative Dragsters
From: "John Burk" <joyseydevil@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2005 13:00:13 -0500
There's never been anybody better than Mickey Thompson at convincing corporate
CEO's to get involved in his racing ventures . If I remember he got Goodyear
into the race tire buisness when he got them to make the tires for the
Chalenger . Some times his ideas were so creative they were hard to realize .
In 1975 when I rode in the Baja 1000 as a passenger we were supposed to start
along side Mickey but his car wasn't finished . During the 70's he had a
series of unique off road cars . That year he had a Chevy powered buggy that
looked like a sprint car . It was a single seater but for some reason they put
him in the 2 seat class .
John Burk joyseydevil@comcast.net