RE: Fuel System Rule Question

To: "'Joe Timney'" <joetimney@dol.net>
Subject: RE: Fuel System Rule Question
From: "Mike Meierle" <mike.meierle@alcatel.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 13:05:27 -0500
I look at it from the spirit of intent for the rule. The idea is to prevent
the rupture of a fuel line in the event of a catastrophic clutch/flywheel
failure. A torque converter can explode also, and technically there is a
Flywheel with an automatic transmission. We got around the problem on a
Roadster by having the Fuel Tank in front of the engine :-)

Mike Meierle
#847 F/P/MP
SCTA-BNI/Gear Grinders
www.scta-bni.org