Re: Nebraska Speeder @ 128MPH exonorated !

To: Sssaddlaw@aol.com
Subject: Re: Nebraska Speeder @ 128MPH exonorated !
From: John Romero <delsolid@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 09:19:36 -0800
I have to say that I agree.

While on the surface, 128 MPH seems stupid and reckless, under specific
situations I dont think it is reckless. Stupid? yes, but not reckless.

Here is a guy in nebraska, so I assume a straight, flat road.  No passengers
and  no other traffic on the road at all. I think we all agree that 128 MPH
under these conditions is not reckless as we routinely do much more without
incident. Again, Stupid? yes! but not reckless.

I like the deer reference. "It would have been an awful scene if a
motorcycle would have struck a deer". Well, yes it would have. Was there any
deer crossing the road? what if, what if, what if... Hate to say it, but
hitting a deer at 50 MPH on a motorcycle is pretty awful too so whats the
point?

I drive pretty nice on public roads. I think driving fast and showing off is
just stupid. If I were driving down a road and this guy passed me doing 128
then I would say it was reckless since other people who he had no control
over were involved but as it was described I agree with the decision.

He should have got a speeding ticket.