RE: Area, as in CdA

To: "Elon" <saltfever@comcast.net>,
Subject: RE: Area, as in CdA
From: "Albaugh, Neil" <albaugh_neil@ti.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 10:06:09 -0600
Elon;

I'd put one ruler horizontal and another one vertical to get a proper
scale in both axes, back off a ways and then use a telephoto lens. A
telephoto lens compresses the perspective so you can then use the
digital photo to get a reasonably accurate measure of frontal area.
Using the rulers, draw a grid pattern on the photo and count the
squares, estimate the % of non- filled squares and add everything up.
Voila! ....frontal area.

Regards, Neil    Tucson, AZ