Aluminum Trailers

To: Land-speed@autox.team.net (Landspeed)
Subject: Aluminum Trailers
From: Bobbyhotrods@comcast.net
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 22:40:12 +0000
Off list Gary Wilkinson 'mailed me that like myself he was keen on steel tubing
trailers, but in his business he's seen plenty that have rusted from the inside
out! He advised me to drill holes where necessary and get some 90 weight in
there, which I'll do. Ironic is that one of the reasons I made my own deal was
such that the result would be completely cleanable and paintable; I almost
outsmarted myself.
And aluminum's a beautiful thing, but if you want to make a trailer out of it
yourself at home you better have a pal at the supply house to ease the cost,
and a damn big welder at home.