Short Tethers

To: "kturk" <kturk@ala.net>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Short Tethers
From: Sparky <wmtsmith@landracing.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2005 17:06:17 -0500
KT,  I think that I would talk to Bob Norwood of Dallas ---the viedo of his car
almost wrapping up in his chute---was pretty scary if his thether had been any
shorter it would have collapsed the canopy or been in it..I think you can have
a system that will let you deploy both as long as you do the longer first is
very doable

> > this is one of my idea's and I was wondering what you guys thought about it.
>
> The Berkeley has a couple of different chute options... one real high speed
> and two lower speed chutes...
>
> Currently only one of them maybe used at a time... however I'm designing a
> dual parachute system for the car.... one of the chutes is going to be a
> normal Bonneville Ribbon deal that I've been using...as our normal chute...
> the other one is going to be an Emergency chute.... it will snag me straight
> no matter what happens.... or as Bob Stroud would say.... it will straighten
> out the car while it's disenegrating.... the tug should be hard enough to do
> damage to my private parts.... but not my eyeballs....  looking like 4 Gs or
> so....
>
> The concept is to be able to correct the car at the absolute last minute just
> before it starts to spin.... so this chute is going to have to be on a very
> short tether.... or Riser if you perfer... ... that way when and if something
> ever went wrong.... I could pull this one out of my bag of tricks as a last
> minute emergency device....
>
> What do you guys think of the idea?

  "Sparky"
Lakester 2211