Re: John...

To: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>, <ECTALSR@yahoogroups.com>,
Subject: Re: John...
From: "Glen Barrett" <speedtimer@charter.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2005 08:42:02 -0600
Keith
Words are never easy to come by when we loose someone close to us. What they
have meant to us and where they have taken us in a short period of time.
When John came to El Mirage several years ago to see what it would take to
put together the east coast landspeed venture many thought it would be
difficult to do.

This did not stop him, but drove him harder to make it happen. Over the
years John had many conversations with SCTA and achived his goal. John was a
true racer and a good friend. It was a sad day to know he would no longer be
with us.

As you said words are hard to come by and in our hearts we know that John
knows we admire him and will miss him. God Speed John Beckett

Glen