LSR List and Digest and editing

To: "land-speed submit" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: LSR List and Digest and editing
From: "Benn" <karhu@california.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2005 09:36:18 -0700
Well, maybe some don't know how to do "a simple edit" (or more
specifically delete a portion of an existing post):

To delete a portion of text (at least using a Windows machine--someone
else can talk about Mac stuff):

Highlight the entire portion to be deleted by moving the cursor to the
beginning of the section, HOLD DOWN the left mouse button, and drag the
cursor to the end of the section, and then let up on the left mouse
button.  The entire portion will be highlighted.   This method works
best on short sections to be highlighted.

Then place the cursor anywhere on the highlighted portion, and RIGHT
click the mouse (click the RIGHT button on the mouse).  This will bring
up a small menu window which will include "cut" or "delete".
(Left)-click this option and the previously highlighted portion
disappears.

An alternate method to highlight a portion (works especially well on
long sections):  Left-CLICK on the beginning of the portion to be
deleted (don't hold down the left button, just click).  Then move the
cursor to the end of the portion and, holding down the SHIFT key,
left-click again.  This will highlight the entire portion between the
left-click and the shift-left-click.  Then right-click as above, etc.

Notes:  If any of this is news to you, you might want to investigate a
local adult-ed class for computer literacy--they can help a lot to
improve your skills and ease doing things on the 'puter.  Also, if
you've never used the right button on your mouse, RIGHT-CLICK is your
FRIEND--get familiar with it.  If you edit your reply, it will NOT
affect the original message you got, so don't be afraid to play with it
a bit.  You can even cancel the whole reply if you want--just close the
reply by clicking on the X in the upper right corner and answer No when
asked if you want to save changes.  AOL stuff may vary slightly from
Outlook Express; AOL has some quirks that I'm not familiar with, so
someone else might comment on those.

Benn