Classic PROduction

To: "land-speed submit" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Classic PROduction
From: "3liter" <saltfever@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 15:24:52 -0700
Page 57, 2nd paragraph, clearly says "non-OEM Electronic Fuel Injection" is
NOT allowed. Then in the very next paragraph it says "The minimum
requirement for a vehicle within the year 1928-1981 to compete in the
modified or Production Categories MUST be the use of a non-OEM EFI system.

Huh?  When the Classic Class was created the spirit of the rules were to
allow any engine mod but NO EFI. It looks like the Word Processor moved that
3rd paragraph to the wrong spot. Shouldn't it be moved down into the
MODEFIED CATEGORY? If the paragraph is left where it is (in the Classic
section) shouldn't the word "Production" be deleted?  I thought Production
couldn't use EFI unless OEM. This paragraph says that Production MUST use
non-OEM EFI.  Also, when you say "minimum requirement" that means, it is
required. Shouldn't the minimum requirement be a carburetor?  I think the
intent was to say a Classic GAS class can use EFI but by including
"Production"  in that paragraph you are now requiring EFI in Production as
well.  -Elon