Re: Race to Bonneville

To: <saltracer@awwwsome.com>
Subject: Re: Race to Bonneville
From: "John Beckett" <saltracer@servusa.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2005 08:27:10 -0400
Well I needed to make a list anyway, lets see Chassis: front section of
belly pan to repair, front inner fenders to replace, fender mounts to
replace, radiator to replace and re-mount, steering box mount to gusset and
re-weld, replace all the Dzus fastener brackets, find some front tires,
mount and balance all four tires, re-install new engine, install
data-recorder, scale and square chassis. Body: try and hammer out the side
body panels and hood, sandblast body and hammer out dents, build new buck to
make a new fiberglass nose, build a mold for a fiberglass hood scoop, prime
and paint body, oh yeah have to re=paint the headers too. Trailer: build new
trailer (old one won't make it to Bonneville), build brackets to tie stuff
down, paint trailer.

I'm sure I've forgotten half of the smaller things I need to do. How many
weeks do I have?

JB