Re: Turbines, Compressed air

To: "Land Speed Digest" <land-speed@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: Turbines, Compressed air
From: "Glen Barrett" <speedtimer@charter.net>
Date: Sat, 2 Apr 2005 21:31:25 -0700
Ron
is correct on the supercharging with air. I worked with John Bowen on the
development of the system before it was put on Thompsons Mustang. We ran it
on a small block on a dyno. The big problem was respons time on the control
valve. It was making tons of HP but has difficult to control. It just needed
more money behind it and more bench testing. At one time we had it mounted
in my dragster but never run it. A third pardner pulled out and John went to
Thompson with it.
Glen