FW: East coast weather? non LSR

To: "Clay, Dale" <Dale.Clay@mdhelicopters.com>,
Subject: FW: East coast weather? non LSR
From: W S Potter <wester6935@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 09:50:05 -0700
Dale,

Did you intentionally forgot the months of May, June July and September in
that 115 degree grouping?  Had a great uncle who was a jeweler in Bisbee ...
he'd come to Utah and tell stories.  Also a good buddy who was stationed at
Ft. Huachuca.  I've heard all about that egg on the sidewalk bit, to say
nothing of getting blisters from touching a door knob in the sun.  I'll take
winters in Utah where we get usually get sun and the snow melts off the
roads to the ski areas.

Some of you may know Ray Grass, a sportswriter for the Deseret News. He
covers the racing on the salt.  Ray had quite a day last week.  He skied ten
ski areas in one day, during normal operating hours ... and missed Beaver
Mountain and Brian Head.

I do feel for the guys on the East Coast however.  Many areas are not
equipped to deal with the snow and just have to shut down until it lets up.
Our last storm here was a "designer storm" that dumped several feet of snow
in the mountains and rained here in the valley.  I don't mind my snow shovel
getting little use.  This inversion for the last week with a 4 degree
temperature difference from night to day is getting old.  However I can
drive for seven minutes and be out of it.

Wes