Re: Engine Config

To: "Dave Dahlgren" <ddahlgren@snet.net>, <Want1937hd@aol.com>,
Subject: Re: Engine Config
From: "Chris Harris" <yesford@clear.net.nz>
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2005 14:09:06 +1300
> what would make you think a hemi has better combustion ? A Chrysler ad
> perhaps or the mystique of them that is pretty vastly overrated..

Dave, I totally agree. The hemi or similar pent roof chamber shape allows
plenty of area for multiple valves. The wedge shape restricts valve area
somewhat but the turbulance created by a tight squish clearance provides
very good combustion efficiency further augmented by high compression with a
flat top piston.

Chris Harris................New Zealand.