Attn:Skip Higginbotham

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Attn:Skip Higginbotham
From: ARDUNDOUG@aol.com
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 16:48:30 EST
Skip,
    I just received a great CD of several hundred B&W drag race pictures from
the late 50's and early 60's, taken at San Luis Obispo, Santa Maria, Half
Moon Bay, and Salinas Drag strips to name a few, by Jerry Gaskill, co-owner of
Jack & Jerry's Auto Supply in San Luis Obispo, CA.
    Jerry, along with his partner Jack Hathaway, promoted the races at the
San Luis Obispo Drag Strip from its opening in about 1956-57 til it closed
down,
I believe, in the 60's. Jerry was also active in the Santa Maria Dragons club
that ran the strip of the same name about 30 miles south.
    Included in this CD are several pictures labeled as being of you and your
car, a front-engine modified roadster or dragster powered by what appears to
be a Olds or Cad with a front-mounted GMC blower. The guy working on the car
has "Higginbotham Farms" embroidered on his coveralls.
    Could that be you or a relative of yours? Send me your cyber address and
I'll attach a couple of the images to you via e-mail.
    I was expecting to see some of Tom Bryant in the collection but haven't
noticed any yet.......Ardun Doug King