Re: Whatever did we do before Mig welders?

To: Keith Turk <kturk@ala.net>, James Tone <James.Tone@AES.com>,
Subject: Re: Whatever did we do before Mig welders?
From: Ed Van Scoy <edvs@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 13:54:16 -0800 (PST)
KT,
The 7018 rod (LO-HI) is a low-hyrogen rod originally
designed to be used in nuke plants with a 220/440
welder. Hmmmm....You're not building a reactor are
you?? Both 6013 and 7014 are pretty easy to work with,
both are contact rods, or drag-rods as I was taught,
which means you don't have to maintain an air gap.
Just strike an arc & "drag" it across your work -
leaves a pretty nice looking weld. 6011 is good on
dirty stuff (like Dave's farm equipment) but it
spatters a lot. BTW, the first 2 numbers gives you the
tensile strength...7018 = 70,000 lbs etc. What amp
setting are you using?
Ed

http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250