Re: Whatever did we do before Mig welders?

To: "Stewart, Thomas \(NPG\)" <TBS1@pge.com>, <land-speed@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Whatever did we do before Mig welders?
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2004 05:54:18 -0600
Tom that was a fine description... and if I was a welder I'd expect it to go
just like that... then I'd let it cool.... chip off the slag and lay another
bead if it wasn't high enough...  This stuff has beveled edges because I'd
planned on using my Mig....

Had to laugh when I was using the Mig I turned around after a fair amount of
welding and noticed the gas line had frozen....  that's the most Mig welding
I'd done in one stint...  The beads were looking really good.... What I
found after lots of playing around and testing was to do exactly what the
instructions say to do.... on my machine inside the lid is a discription of
the size wire... and setting's for a given material thickness... and
somewhere over the years someone told me the biggest mistake most folks make
is going to fast...  and honestly I'm doing the best Mig welding I've ever
done.... it looks almost semi professional....  so I guess I got bored and
decided to give this stick thing a whirl....

You know I might even try doing some Tig welding on it today.... after I
sort out this Stick thing.....  and I have a Gas rig set up..... been a
while since I tried doing Gas welding too....  There is just so much welding
to do here.. I might as well play around and get some experience out of
it...   I tried to count the length of welds and lost count at around 200'

Keith ( hey Tom I gotta borrow that (NPG) thing.... in my case it would mean
Non puddling guy )