Hot Rod Again

To: "<land-speed@autox.team.net>Subject": land-speed@Autox.Team.Net,
Subject: Hot Rod Again
From: "Tom Shannon" <saltfevr@mail.sisna.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2004 15:47:15 -0700
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date:  Fri, 3 Dec 2004 10:52:55 -0600

>I just got my copy of January's issue... and there Finally is the article that
>so many of us worked our butts off on....
>
>On Pg. 45 DF actually gave me the only statement I really wanted to make...
>That this was the most legit Magazine car ever...
>
>I mean that... Freiburger built and tuned what has turned out to be a
>wonderful engine... the car.. is remarkably stock... down to and including the
>ratty door panels...  it's not some high brow " you can't built it " deal...
>it's my old junk Camaro and a ton of work by some great friends...
>
>This is exactly the way it oughta be...
>
>Thanks Dave for capturing in words what it was like in our lives for those
>three months...
>
>Keith and Tonya Turk
>
>I posted this on the Hot Rod Magazine Message board.  For those  that haven't
>been as involved in the sport it's hard to understand the passion that is
>required to get it done...  David F gets it and wrote it just exactly the way
>it oughta have been done...

Congrats KT! A 10 page article including pics of Tonya,Joe Timney,and John
Beckett. First I thought your shop clocks were a bit odd. The one over the door
read 5:50,and the clock near your supercool homemade toolchest read 8:05. But
then I spotted the diet coke can on the floor near Dave F,and knew that
"Julie,the lsr Cruise Director)was lurking somewhere! BTW Dave F,your Speedweek
Drivers Mtg Trophy speech with zero sleep was great. Keep up the good work!
Also KT, the HRM cover shot in the uppper right hand corner ain't a bad gig
either. Now pleez, let your neighbors cop a few issues before you hoard 'em
all. LOL

Tom Shannon
Magna, Utah

SISNA...more service, less money.