Fw: Current Salt Report

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Fw: Current Salt Report
From: kidavis@beckman.com
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2004 08:51:12 -0700
Hi,

I got this from George Callaway this morning.

Sent: Wednesday, August 04, 2004 5:19 PM
Subject: Current Salt Report

For those of you getting ready to make the long trip to Wendover for Speed Week
here in the next week or so, this is a latest news report from the track. I was
on the "V" of the two tracks at the starting line just after 7:00 PM Monday
night when almost three inches of rain fell on the salt. Prior to this storm
there was standing water on the end of the short course. Both courses were a
little rougher than last year's surface. The water depth at the access road was
about five inches when I left shortly after 9:00 PM. It may be worth another
call to the advance team that will be arriving in Wendover later this week to
confirm how much of this water has evaporated.
            Good Luck and safe travel to all of you.
            Tom Burkland