Salt Talks

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Salt Talks
From: "Jon E. Wennerberg" <jon@infodestruction.com>
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2004 13:22:04 -0400
Hi there, boys and girls!  Two weeks from tomorrow night is the fifth
annual Salt Talks - Land Speed Racer Gathering.  If you haven't already
got your plans made to attend this auspicious event --- well, you
should make an effort to be there.

Full details are available for perusal at Landracing.com, but I'll fill
you in with a little of the stuff.  First of all, Salt Talks is held
Sunday night of SpeedWeek (used to be Tuesday, but now Sunday).  The
get-together is at the "bend in the road" and features food, drink,
bench racing, and -- best of all -- a chance to see so many of the
folks that hang out here on the land-speed email list.  This year we're
even going to have name tags so you'll know which is Jon Amo and which
is Joe.

There'll be Bill Smith (a k a Sparky) cooking food on the grill that
Wes Potter supplies, under a canopy from Chock Full O' Nuts Racing.
The food, which will include jumbo hot dogs and burgers, and salads
from Tom and Cathy Shannon, and home-made Pasties from way up north
(which are being air-expressed in for FREE by Federal Express) will be
arrayed on tables from Landracing.com, and the banners proclaiming the
whole shebang are sponsored by the ECTA and Landracing.com.  Nancy, my
better half, will be the hostess with the mostest, and I'll be there,
too.  Oh, yeah -- Sparky is also supplying "apple juice" (remember,
this is in Utah), but the "juice" will be in 12-oz cans with brand
names like "Bud" or "Coors" or "Lone Star" or "Miller" printed on 'em),
and there'll be soda pop, too.

We've got t-shirts to sell -- you can see the artwork at
Landracing.com.  By a shirt and support the picnic.  The gathering is
open to all, and is free -- but if you've got a buck or two that you
care to drop in the donation cans we'd appreciate it - so we can afford
to put this whole thing on again next year.

It all starts at the end of the day Sunday -- and goes on long enough
to let everyone get there, even course workers and racers that spend
those last frantic minutes in impound trying to make sure everything is
ready for Monday morning's return runs.

See you on the Salt!!

                 Jon Wennerberg
Seldom Seen Slim Land Speed Racing