Bonneville Bummer

To: land speed <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Bonneville Bummer
From: Katie Cortez <drylakercr@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2004 10:38:54 -0700
Hello all!

I was hoping to visit with each of you at the Salt and at Salt Talks,
however I just can't make it this year!

The deal is that "Garmen" would be fine for the trip other than her typical
2 yr old fits, but the baby, Madalin, happens to be VERY sensitive to
heat/sun right now (the doctor tells me she'll grow out of this sensitivity
by next August--currently, she breaks out into a complete heat rash even
when we take her out on errands around town in the heat).

It's a bummer, but I would rather be safe, and keep my patient husband on my
good side being that he is a pretty much a non-car enthusiast who just
happened to marry a land speed racer.

You all will have to stop by and say hello to my dad and the rest of the
crew. He will be out there with the modified roadster.

Good luck to you all and I'll try to see those who will be at World of Speed
or World Finals, if I can make either of those events, and if not WE WILL be
at Speedweek 2005 with our then 3 yr. old and 1 yr. old girls!

Take care all! May you have a safe trip to and from and great success safely
going FAST there on the salt!

:- ) Katie Young Cortez
#256 VGC/XXO and #256 C/GMR