Re: Chute Force (2)

To: "3liter" <saltfever@comcast.net>,
Subject: Re: Chute Force (2)
From: "DrMayf" <drmayf@teknett.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 04:39:26 -0700
The problem with LSR chute deployment vs sky divers is that in LSR the tow
strap is generally very long and is ejected backwards. The effect of this is
that the cute in LSR is at a virtual stand still when it is snapped open.
Deflated one instant inflating the next. Skydivers generally have thier rigs
inflate when deployed (who wants that feeling of is it gonna work ?) when
you pull the rip cord. There are many ways to softern the jerk loads. Is
this the only analysis possible, heck no! Just use good data and reasonable
physics.