Quiet!!!

To: Land Speed <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Quiet!!!
From: "Thomas E. Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Jul 2004 15:26:35 -0700
Hello everyone,

The network is really quiet, I suppose everyone is either celebrating a
day off or busy working on the race car, possibly both.

Bryant Automotive is open for business and I am trying to work on the
race car. Doing fiberglass work on the hood. I built a new scoop which
is attached to the engine, so I had to modify the hood and now am trying
to get it finished. My problem today is with the finishing putty...I am
having trouble getting it to stay pliable long enough to get it spread.
I am continuing to back off on the hardener, but have not found the
right mix yet. Maybe at 104 degrees F. you shouldn't be trying to mix it
at all.

Cleaning up the body progress is slow, so I may not be ready for paint
by Speedweek. (Keith discouraged me with his comments!) But, I really am
moving that direction.

I just pulled the belly pan for cleanup and will probably replace the
valve springs later in the week. I purchased some alcohol nozzles and
installed them. I decided to try alky again since we are in the fuel
class anyway. It should make a little more power, at the very least, it
will help in the high engine temperatures.

I guess I have stalled long enough, sitting in my air-conditioned
office,  I will send this and go back to work.

Tom, Redding CA - #216 D/FCC