Re: Paint Job?

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Paint Job?
From: John Szalay <john.szalay@att.net>
Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2004 16:05:19 -0400
At 05:55 AM 4/7/04 -0600, you wrote:

>An all white car is not legal on the salt ... can't be sure it will trip the
>electric eyes so the front needs to be a darker, stronger color ... the
>Piersons did have an all white car in the early 40's for Keith to copy.
>
>The swoop could be somewhat modified to fit the space available ... if Nike
>doesn't step in and suggest a change over legal technicalities ... Just Do
>It?  Might be problems.
>
>Wes

  Really don't think this is an issue,  Wes  or were you just pulling KT's leg ?

I helped Mike set out and align the lights at WOS last year,
and also worked with Joe at Maxton, same job.
given the height of the lights and receptors, color should have no bearing.
at the Salt, the tires appear to be what breaks the beam, except for those
cars with the "wickerbills" or airdams.
we even got team Elves to take a bike with small tires thru the lights to check.
At Maxton, the lights are elevated to allow for the curved surface between
sides of the runway to allow for water drainage.
(Salt is so flat..its easier to line them up there)

                                          John