Re: Bonneville Ranger

To: Bryan Savage <basavage@earthlink.net>,
Subject: Re: Bonneville Ranger
From: Joe Timney <joetimney@dol.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2004 12:48:01 -0500
This truck took my C/MMP record a couple of years ago. I beleive it put
2 poeple
in the Two Club. Built by Spal Tech.( the radiator fan guys), it had a
rented
Roush Motor complete with a Roush tuner guy. They had a lot of Ford help
including wind tunnel work. After Speedweek, I talked to the owner of
Spal about
the truck. He elaborated about leaving truck at the stock ride height as
tunnel
tests showed that a dirty bottom causes too many vortices when
lowered...exactly
what the aero books say!!! The deal with Ford includes using the truck
for car
shows and put it in the Ford Museum.

joe