Non LSR ... colonoscopy plea again ...

To: "land-speed@autox.team.net" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Non LSR ... colonoscopy plea again ...
From: W S Potter <wester6935@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 14:41:19 -0700
For those who have been putting off getting on a 5 year rotation for a colon
cancer check up.

I just returned from an 8 AM colonoscopy  (over by 10 AM) that went well,
two polyps were removed to forestall any future problems but the doctor
suggested a one year follow up just in case.  This was on the heels of our
catching an early cancer for my wife in December.  She was in for a five
year check that showed a small cancer.  They got everything with surgery
that was not too radical and she is finished with the first of four
chemotherapy sessions.  With closer attention she will be fine as will I.
It just gave us a good scare ... but we were lucky.

I can't express strongly enough how important this kind of check up is for
everyone over the age of 50.  Like finding flakes of metal on the magnetic
oil drain plug or bits of aluminum on spark plug electrodes you can save
major problems by reading the early warning signs.  JUST DO IT!  Call
TOMORROW Morning and schedule an appointment with your doctor!

Wes Potter