Re: The Toyota NASCAR Racing Engine.

To: <Dale.Clay@mdhelicopters.com>, <dwarner@electrorent.com>,
Subject: Re: The Toyota NASCAR Racing Engine.
From: Bryan Savage <basavage@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 21:03:41 -0800
I don't know about 22R's but  Jack and I setup an old 18R with a turbo
for El Mirage that
ran 180 something on gas, a record. Everything was stock except intake,
exhaust and
ignition. I didn't even pull the head. When I got the pan off (to make
sure all of the
rain water was gone) my first thought was, "They must make a Diesel head
and pistons
for this block." The rods, crank & block would have handled it quite
well. As you know
John, all of their  "R" engines are tougher than the hinges of hell. The
GM (USA/Europe)
Ecotec, like the "R" Toyotas, has a stock block and head designed to
handle 200 HP/L
with one minor internal modifications. (Forged pistons)

American engineers can do it if their management will let them,
Bryan