Re: Radiator in tank

To: "3liter" <saltfever@comcast.net>,
Subject: Re: Radiator in tank
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 21:45:01 -0600
I have a large radiator...( 5-6 gallon ) in  tank with an electric water
pump to circulate the water if nessesary ( thou we haven't yet found the
need )  that water is drawn from one side of the tank and pushed into
another forcing water to flow through the radiator....  I did put an inlet
screen in front of the pump to limit ice from getting into or jamming the
pump... ( again didn't need the additional cooling power of ice... but the
option exsists )

Water for the engine remains in the engine and radiator and lines... and is
circulated by the traditional water pump on the the engine... and is flow
limited by the thermostat ..... this allows the engine assembly to be
controlled at a given temperature....

We had one problem with cycling temps on the Data acq and basically when I
looked at the system closely the temp sensor was to high and wasn't getting
water to it all the time.... so we aren't sure if it was the water box or
the inlet sensor positioning.... who knows....

that's my story and I'm sticking to it...

Keith