Soft, Plateau or Brush Honing ???

To: List Land Speed <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Soft, Plateau or Brush Honing ???
From: Bryan Savage <basavage@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 10:59:05 -0800
A great thing has happened gang. I found something else that I know
nothing about!!!

I've seen pictures of new engines with shiny looking cylinders and read
something about
super micro honing years ago in NASA Tech Briefs. While I understand the
basic idea,
which I thought was only used on non-sleeved aluminum blocks and F-1
engines, I have
no useful knowledge.

What different tools are available, who makes them, where they available
and, most
importantly, how are they used? Also what's the best method and what's
the cheapest
method that works - fair to good.

Thanks in advance for your help,
Bryan