Re: front wheel drive - steer

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: front wheel drive - steer
From: Bryan Savage <basavage@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 18:28:10 -0800
Sparkey,

Don't overlook what happens to the oil when the 'chute hit's.

If you put a 24" wrench on the pinion shaft and can jump on it
when the steering linkage is disconnected without the wheels
trying to turn, you're real close.
One of these days I'm going to the Sport Compact drags and
ask a lot of questions. If torque steer  was a problem, those
1,000 HP GM Ecotec powered things would never break
the 60' light.
Thomasson & Tradup have the perfect setup, now. When
they started, they couldn't hardly keep it under control.

Happy hunting,
Bryan