Re: Black widow / Glen Barrett

To: <ardunbill@webtv.net>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Black widow / Glen Barrett
From: "Glen Barrett" <speedtimer@charter.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 07:50:35 -0800
Bill
Joe and Joe Reath opened their speed shop at 10 & Cherry in the early 50s in
Long Beach. Some years later they went seperate ways and Maillard opened a
shop on Coty Ave. in Long Beach and stayed there untill Mickey Thompson took
over the property that would bebome MT Ent. Thats where the 4 engine
Challanger and other LSR cars were built as well as the Speed Shop being on
the next street. Maillard left the raacing game in the early 60s and went
back to teaching math. He past away a few years ago. Joe helped me a lot
over the years and I sure miss him.
Glen